So, here's what I have to say about this week:
- My back hurts. A lot. Round ligament pain is back with a vengeance.
- My calf muscles cramp in the middle of the night - the kind of cramping where you have to consciously uncurl each toe, one at a time.
- I got into a huge pissing match with another attorney during a hearing and will now be going to trial in October when I'm thirty-something weeks pregnant. The trial is not in Orlando either.
- I've started eating Eggo waffles with spray butter for breakfast. They hold me over for approximately twenty-two minutes.
- I'm typing this with my pants unzipped. I need more clothes now because the selection of properly fitting clothes gets smaller and smaller by the day: ironic considering that my belly gets bigger and bigger by the hour.
- I think I gained a pound and a half or two pounds this week. My doctor told me I only needed to gain 2-3 pounds between weeks 20 and 26. Oops.
- Likes to hang out on the right side of my belly. It's really noticeable and I did take a photo of it, but thought better of putting it on the internet.
- Likes the sound of J's voice. Last night he was reading new movie releases to me and she went crazy kicking and squirming. Sure, that's probably a coincidence, but don't tell him that. I've never seen him so proud.
- Got a pack and play from a church consignment sale that was nearly brand new for only $50.00. She also got about 20 onesies, all with their tags still attached. If you want to know how to dominate a yard/church sale, ask my MIL. She is AMAZING at finding bargains!
- Has a name, but I haven't decided if I'm going to put it on the blog or just use a nickname. Her current nickname is Jabby, short for Jabberwocky. J came up with that one, of course.
- Is 14 inches long and weighs a pound and two thirds. I feel every inch of her size. Remember, I'm only 5'2. She'll be taller than me by the time she's done cooking.
Notes from the "Birth Club:"
Every week, Baby Center sends me an email with quotes from someone in my birth club. This week's quote was something to the effect of, "To relax, fill a basin with warm water and essential oils and soak your feet in it." Well, color me dumb, but isn't that called a pedicure? And where does one get a basin anyway?
Other things from the birth club that cracked me up:
"How do I throw my husband an all-boys baby shower?" - Umm, you don't throw showers for your spouse. Please refer to anything written by Emily Post.
"Can I throw my own shower?" Again, please refer to Emily Post and your own common sense.
"Tactful...or tacky? Can I just request gift cards?" If you have to ask, you already know the answer.
And my favorite: "Ah Hell Naw!!!! A vent...obviously."