Happy Valentine's Day,or as I like to call it, Happy "I've got a reason to eat chocolate for breakfast, lunch and dinner Day."
I got tagged by Kelly, Brittney, Elizabeth, and Carolina to participate in the 11 things meme that has made the blog rounds. That's a lot of questions (my excellent math skills put that at 44!), so I picked five from each to answer - mainly so I don't bore the pants off of y'all. Thanks for tagging me, ladies!
1.Who was your first kiss and how old were you?
Oh, Gosh. My Dad reads this blog! I was a high school freshman and it was during the movie Biodome. And he has a very unique first name, so I'll leave it at that!
Side note: did anyone else kind of want to live in the real Biodome? Does that place still exist?
2. How did you find out that Santa isn’t real? I'm sure y'all will be soo shocked to learn that my big-mouthed brother told me.
That's my "I have a secret" face
3. Are you a dog person or a cat person and why? Dog. Why? Because dogs are awesome!
4. What song most reminds you of high school? "My Boo" - Ghost Town DJs. My best friend and I loved that song. That was our jam!
5. Choose one: Valentine’s Day is a fun way to celebrate love OR Valentine’s Day is totally overrated. Fun, as long as you don't have Great Expectations (awesome book, by the way). The best Valentine's Day I ever had was with my brother, so I think it's a great holiday to give a little love to all the special people in your life, not just a romantic partner.
1. What's your favorite kind of shampoo?
Aveda Rosemary Mint. But I'm too cheap to buy it in anything except travel size, so I keep it in my gym bag as a reward for making it through a work out.
2. What activities did you participate in in high school (sports, clubs)?
Chamber Choir (with Elizabeth), Cheerleading (Go Jackets!), JV-D soccer (D for developmental - yes, I sucked), youth group, and Christmas Club (pretty much a high school sorority)
3. What celebrity do you most resemble? I've gotten Sandra Bullock a lot.
4. Which of your parents are you more like? My Mom. Physically, I'm her spitting image. However, I do share some of my Dad's personality traits.
5. What snack do get when you go to the movies?
Junior Mints and popcorn. Listen up, peeps: it is imperative that you eat both at the same time in order to get the desired sweet/salty/buttery/fat bomb effect.
1. What’s your favorite running distance?
The half, but I think I have a mental block against actually running one well.
the half from hell
2. Salty or Sweet? How about salty AND sweet together (i.e., Junior Mints and popcorn)? Or Baked's sweet and salty brownies. If you haven't had one of those babies yet, get thee to googling the recipe, stat!
"What Alice Forgot" - and I have to say, it did not live up to the hype for me. And while we're at it, I didn't think Eat Pray Love was all that good. I feel so much better for getting that off my chest!
4. Do you watch the bachelor? Off and on. Since Reality Steve has so many spoilers, I find it hard to watch the actual show. Plus, Ben is a MORON. Oh, and Ben? Please CUT YOUR HAIR. You're not Rafa Nadal.
5. Favorite cross training activity? Dance Trance
not DT, but I just love this pic of J
1. Favorite ingredient to cook with and why?
Ooh, that's a toughie. How about white wine? One cup for the pot, one sip for the cook....seriously though, it's great for risotto, seafood dishes, pastas...
2. What song are you most embarrassed to have in your iPod?
"The Thong Song" - 'nuff said.
3. If you could go anywhere in the world right now where would you go & why?
The Caymans. It was so beautiful and I could use some beach time right about now.
4. Best movie you’ve seen this year?
I just saw "The Way" on Sunday and I loved it! Go rent it.
5. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry & why?
I think this one should be pretty obvious, but my wedding band and engagement ring.
our engagement dinner
OK, your turn: tell me one random fact about yourself, or alternatively, what's your favorite Valentine's Day treat? Is it a sweet, a cocktail, flowers?